Joining WJEA couldn’t be easier. At $40 for membership ($25 if retired), how can you afford not to join? You can join online or download our PDF membership form to mail, email or fax.
WJEA MEMBERSHIP CATEGORIES
Teacher/Adviser – $40
This is our primary membership category, including current or past advisers or journalism educators.
Retired Teacher/Adviser – $25
This category includes retired teachers or advisers who are still interested in scholastic journalism, unless they are employed by commercial firms providing sales and services to journalism teachers and publications advisers or are engaged in other commercial enterprises, which might represent a conflict of interest.
Student – $20
Student members shall be high school or college students with an interest in journalism or related fields. Student members shall receive all WJEA publications, may participate in meetings or conferences, but shall not vote nor hold office nor nominate candidates for office.
Honorary Member – $0
Honorary members shall be persons devoted to the interest of successfully promoting secondary school journalism and its related fields. Honorary members may be elected for life by the board of directors. Honorary members shall receive all WJEA publications, may participate in meetings and conferences, but shall not vote nor hold office nor nominate candidates, except that those who were previously teacher/adviser members shall retain all rights of that membership.
Associate Member – $55
Associate members may include individuals representing:
• Public and private libraries
• State, regional or national scholastic press associations
• Departments of journalism in secondary schools, community colleges and universities whether public, private or parochial
• Commercial press associations, book, yearbook, magazine or newspaper publishers
• All firms, organizations and agencies engaged in the production of graphic arts or advertising
• Television, radio stations, Web site and other related media outlets
• Educational or philanthropic foundations
• Other related institutions, businesses or organizations interested in promoting scholastic journalism Members shall receive all WJEA publications, may participate in meetings and conferences, but shall not vote nor hold office nor nominate candidates for office.