Media membership organizations
- American Society of Newspaper Editors: ASNE is the leading organization of daily newspaper editors in the Americas. Members share ideas, develop programs and projects for good journalism.
- Columbia Scholastic Press Association: Comprehensive site for scholastic journalism. Includes conferences, contests, books and other information for student journalists.
- Columbia Scholastic Press Advisers Association: A professional organization of teachers/advisers devoted to the development of the student press and education.
- Dow Jones Newspaper Fund: Created by the editors of the Wall Street Journal; provides internships and scholarships to college students, career literature, fellowships for high school journalism teachers and publications advisers and training for college journalism instructors.
- Indiana High School Press Association: Focuses on high school journalism education through workshops, resources and contests.
- Inland Press Association: Newspaper association specializing in training options for all newspaper departments, industry research in newspaper costs, revenues and compensation.
- Iowa High School Press Association: High school journalism education site that seeks to encourage and educate student journalists and improve scholastic media programs.
- Journalism Education Association: Professional association of high school and middle school journalism teachers and student media advisers.
- Journalism Teachers Only: Guides and resource materials for j-teachers.
- National Press Photographers Association: Site includes member galleries, resources, contest information and a student section.
- National Scholastic Press Association: Student-oriented national press association for high school and middle school students.
- North Carolina Scholastic Media Association: Serves and promotes scholastic journalism.
- The Poynter Institute Online: Educational resources and articles for journalists.
- Quill & Scroll: Based at the University of Iowa, Quill & Scroll is the international honorary society for high school journalism.
- Radio-Television News Directors Association: World’s largest professional organization devoted exclusively to electronic journalism.
- Society for News Design: Focuses on design issues for professional media organizations. Lots of examples of innovative design.
- Society of Professional Journalists: Site of the member organization that includes resource materials, contest information and many other member services.
- Washington Journalism Education Association: Journalism education site that seeks to encourage and educate student journalists and improve scholastic media programs.